Old 11-20-2012, 07:05 AM
alisonquilts

Envious of what you'll have when the project is finished...but not envious of the process!

Skylight in the closet is a great idea; I have skylights in my workspace too and I love all of the light. I would be cautious about getting the skylights that can open - if not done perfectly they will leak. And definitely have a way of shading any skylights in your work space - they can throw bizarre shadows. I can't shade mine (way up high in a cathedral ceiling) and there are certain times of the day when my planning space is part in shade and part in sun, which is not ideal.

A place to hang finished quilts you want to photograph where there is good light and you won't get them dirty (could be outside).

Some sort of railing over which to hang partially finished quilts and cut lengths of fabric so they don't get creased while you aren't working on them. I have a 4 foot rod suspended from the side of a wall cabinet on one side and the door frame on the other about five feet off the floor, so it uses space behind the door which was otherwise wasted.

You must be so excited!

Alison