View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 04:44 PM
callen

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I bought my 830 2 1/2 years ago. I love her but I have problems with thread. She likes 50 wt. I had to buy some 30 wt. to do my binding and every few stitches the thread would break. I had to get out my Viking Quilt Designer to do the binding. Talk about a difference in machines. I didn't feel like I had control of the Viking...I couldn't slow the speed down and my binding looks horrible. I need to figure out why I can't use different thread on my 830. That is the only problem I have with her. I am so use to using the 830 and all its features, that when I used the Viking, I realized how spoiled I was. Go for the 830. They make sewing a dream. If I can only figure out the thread thingie, everything will be okay.
Are you using the right type of needle? Try using a metallic needle or Titanium = they can make all the difference in the world. I have the 820 & it is one incredible machine. The only difference with the 820 & 830 is the embroidery module - mine does not do embroidery except for the designs already built into my machine. When I use my other machines (which I also love) I realise how spoiled I am with the great features on my Bernina. I absolutely love the extra large bobbin & the fact it will count down how much thread I have left on the bobbin. I could go on & on but you get the idea. Enjoy your new machine, you will surely love it.