View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 04:59 PM
stillclock

Default slant-o-matic tuesday report :)

so the machine has been sitting for 7 or 8 years, but it seemed to run very well.

there was a slight smell of burning though. i am hoping you will tell me it needs a good oiling and that's not a huge concern, or that it's just sticky lube burning off or something. i would of course also replace the wires to the footpedal.

it has one bobbin and none of the other accessories. also, the up/down for the throat plate wasn't working, but i could hear movement. the screw for the foot pedal is seized a bit, but i suspect it's nothing some oil wouldn't fix. i have been looking at the attachments and for what i want to go with it i'm not looking at a huge outlay for feet and bobbins. i do covet those buttonholers! i would love some recommendations for how to find good old singer feet and the like if you have it...

the cabinet is great - the knee mount worked really well.

so....i kind of loved it. it's not what i was looking for exactly (a cabinet mounted machine for quilting....the space between the needle and the machine isn't very big) but she sure can do a whole lot. and her straight stitch is truly beautiful.

i think i should buy it, but i really am hoping for some feedback on that very subtle burning smell.

thanks again. i feel mso much more confident knowing you guys are here

aileen