Old 11-20-2012, 08:15 PM
JustAbitCrazy

Default Questions for the vintage machine experts here

Hi, Ladies-
I've been thinking about buying a treadle machine, and have a chance to buy a Singer model 127 (which I recognize from the pic on the sale page as a Sphynx----am I right?). The asking price is very low because there is major damage to the outside top of the cabinet, plus the machine has no thread spool pin or belt. Can you tell me if and where I can buy another thread spool pin and belt? Seller says the machine works, but I can't test that without a belt, right? If I can test the machine with out a belt, please advise. The decals on the machine look very nice, so I doubt it was used extensively. I know next to nothing about treadles. Would I also be able to buy an operations manual for this machine somewhere? My "love" right now is a Babylock Serenade (lots of bells and whistles). I only want a treadle in case something happens that our power is out for some extended time. Don't want to go nuts if I am in the middle of a project and can't sew. Maybe you think there is a better choice of a treadle machine for me? Thanks in advance for any expertise and advice!