View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 03:42 AM
Yarn or Fabric

I just bought a Juki 2000 and I love, love LOVE it! I am kicking myself that I didn't order one sooner! It's under $1000 pretty much everywhere online and in stores. I'm not sure where you live to locate a dealer for you.

The machine is lightning fast and the stitch quality is superb. It has a 9" throat. I now actually do my large project quilting on a sit down Tin Lizzie but I've got friends who use their Jukis to quilt all of their quilts with. I bought both machines at the same time (I was going to buy a HQ Sweet 16 but for the same amount of money, I was able to get both the Lizzie and Juki and I liked the Lizzie more than the HQ)

Brother and Janome also sell machines that have a 9" throat. Brother's is cheaper, about $600 I believe. I'm not sure how much Janome's sell for.

They are straight stitch only machines so the stitch they make is just fabulous! You'll probably want to do all of your piecing on one of those. I keep my older Janome for when I need to do anything other than a straight stitch