View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 04:27 AM
applique

Default Applique

Originally Posted by KLO View Post
What a great question? I use Steam-a-Seam all the time but wouldn't it be great if this glue could be used instead ... especially when I have run out of the fusible and live too far from the store? Here's hoping someone has tried this and will report back.
I use this for large pieces because it doesn't prevent fraying as well as the fusible and I like tracing onto the fusible. But I don't want to waste a fusible on a huge piece of applique. I trace the piece onto freezer paper without reversing the piece, iron the freezer paper to the right side of the fabric, cut it out then put a thin line of Elmer's Glue around the edge and place the piece onto the background. I iron the piece to set it in place before peeling off the freezer paper being very careful about pulling on the edges where it would fray. I sew the pieces down with the satin stitch so it is washable and away you go!
The picture is of a huge moose. If I remember correctly about 60X70 with some very large pieces which used the glue. The smaller pieces were with WonderUnder.
I forgot; that it is also the way I do the large pieces for the backgrounds, that is how I started using it in the first place years ago!
Attached Thumbnails ready-blog-17.jpg   ready-blog-16.jpg  

Last edited by applique; 11-21-2012 at 04:30 AM.