View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 07:20 AM
katkat1946

Thumbs up Final update on Moda Layer Cake issue

Hi, All,

Just to briefly catch you up, I had shared the issue I had with a Moda Layer Cake not having been 10" but also not having been square either! I'm not sure at this point but I think I had to cut them down to 9" or a bit less to get them square. I wrote to them about all of this including that I suspected I had prewashed them which I do with all of my fabrics. If I had I was confident that they were placed in a mesh bag and the wash cycle was set to delicate. Anyway, I got a very gracious letter back stating in part that they would contact the mills where the cutting is done and also that prewashing precuts is not suggested. Although I told them in my letter that ALL I was looking for was a personal response, they offered to send me another layer cake. Well, I'm not crazy enough to turn that down So a Metropolitan Fair layer cake arrived yesterday! I have always loved Moda fabrics - the colors, the patterns etc but this had shaken my confidence in pre-cuts. So kudos and thanks to Moda/United Notions for standing behind their products!!