Old 11-21-2012, 07:50 AM
BoJangles

Well, my 319 is out of timing again. It isn't because my grandson messed with it either. I think, I did something wrong when I re-timed that machine. Now it works fine for straight stitch - a nice stitch, but when I try to do a zig zag it hits the bobbin casing. Cathy does that sound right to you? The machine can do one stitch but not another? Anyway, I am getting tired of messing with the 319! I wish, I could just drop one of my vintage Pfaff's in the treadle cabinet, but I know they are not set for the Singer hinges.

Cathy why does it keep doing this? It seems to stitch fine for a while. I had used it to attach some binding ends together. I broke a needle - thought I had knocked it out of timing, but when I put in a new needle it worked fine. The needle had hit the casing so I just thought I had a bent needle due to the thickness of the binding. Today is the first time since then that I tried to do a zig zag -the first stitch the needle hit the casing and broke! I tried a new needle and just turned the HW, yep it hit the casing again - but, when I took the machine off of zig zag - a straight stitch, no problem! I got a nice straight stitch!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 11-21-2012 at 08:02 AM.