Old 11-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Mizkaki

Nancy,

Something is rotten in Denmark.
Its possible that needlebar has slipped downward (usually not). Timing could be the issue, but again probably not. Try rethreading and then reseating the bobbincase. Where on the BC is the needle hitting (to the right, left, front or back)?
I'll be glad to look at it this weekend.

Cathy

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Well, my 319 is out of timing again. It isn't because my grandson messed with it either. I think, I did something wrong when I re-timed that machine. Now it works fine for straight stitch - a nice stitch, but when I try to do a zig zag it hits the bobbin casing. Cathy does that sound right to you? The machine can do one stitch but not another? Anyway, I am getting tired of messing with the 319! I wish, I could just drop one of my vintage Pfaff's in the treadle cabinet, but I know they are not set for the Singer hinges.

Cathy why does it keep doing this? It seems to stitch fine for a while. I had used it to attach some binding ends together. I broke a needle - thought I had knocked it out of timing, but when I put in a new needle it worked fine. The needle had hit the casing so I just thought I had a bent needle due to the thickness of the binding. Today is the first time since then that I tried to do a zig zag -the first stitch the needle hit the casing and broke! I tried a new needle and just turned the HW, yep it hit the casing again - but, when I took the machine off of zig zag - a straight stitch, no problem! I got a nice straight stitch!

Nancy