Old 11-22-2012, 06:22 AM
gardnergal970

Mmmmmm......the RV smells good this morning! Bev, I pray that your family has an uneventful day and that you can enjoy each others company. Honchey, you didn't say if your health would keep you from getting together with the family. I pray that you and your DH have strength and are showered with much love today. Carrie, sounds like your family enjoys some wonderful traditions. Will you give your daughter the sewing box today too? QNSue...you sound like a Pearl Mesta...the hostess with the mostest. I bet people love to be in the kitchen with you and help keep things moving. Thanks for the virtual RV so our continental friends can enjoy the meal with us. Mirabelle...do you have anything similar to our Thanksgiving? And another question that might sound stupid...do you have turkeys in Aussie land?
My turkey breast is being cooked in a crockpot so I'm not sure when we will eat. The oven went out long before I got here and DH doesn't want to replace the stove until he finishes the kitchen counters. I'm not holding my breath. It's already been two years to get a plug-in rewired and a new ceiling done. I've come to the conclusion that relationships are more important than things so I enjoy everything he does do and don't complain about what he doesn't.

Here's my fresh cranberry sauce.
One bag fresh cranberries
juice of one medium orange...zest from the peel
1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
1 tbs fresh shredded ginger.
put all ingredients in pan and bring to boil. The berries will pop. Reduce heat and cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens some and remove from heat.
This beats anything that you can buy in a can.