View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 07:26 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

I confess, I'm a fabric addict too and when I was working I could feed that addiction, however, with a disabled husband and no job, I'm happy that I have my stash (even though I gave away nearly half of it when we had to downsize due to all the medical bills) - the fabric was given to people I trust to use it wisely. I know it will take years to use, having the stash gives me the ability to make gifts of quilted items and I recently had a table at my church's Holiday Fair and sold half of what I brought. Talk about happy dance. I admit to going a little crazy afterwards with my new found "wealth", but after spending almost 5 months in a hospital for surgery and rehab after spinal surgery learning to use my hands again and learning to walk again, I felt I owed it to myself to splurge a little. However, I have to say that nearly 90% of what I purchased was on sale, so I was happy to spend and still save money. All my friends keep telling me how much happier I am since I started quilting again - so another reason for a "stash" I don't need counseling. LOL. Just enjoy and make yourself happy.