Old 11-22-2012, 02:35 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

All is well here; everyone came, saw, ate, divided up the leftovers, put the Great Room back to the way it was before, washed up most of the dirty dishes and went home. So you all divide the leftovers in the virtual RV...the ham, the turkey, the chicken and the dressing (two kinds), the baked beans, green beans with jowl & bacon, sweet potatoes, 5 cup salad, pies and brownies. Enough left here to do us a whole week and a half.

No, I have to have my kitchen if I am expected to cook; afraid that would be grounds for divorce with me. But each to their own and what they are happy with. Dh shows (as I do ) that we eat well. bf's daughters were quick to thank us for hosting the group so they could visit with their Mother & Father today. They were amazed at how BIG my kitchen is; most fun today was watching the daughters and granddaughter working in my kitchen...Guys got into a bit of the action too. Very informal, just ask where an item was, and I would point or tell them where it was in the kitchen. Funny, bf was telling my dh were some plates went today!! No one felt 'crowded' today with 19 people moving about in the kitchen or great room...little boys were running outside to see the guineas and ducks and chickens. Poor cats...between the two little dogs and kids, they disappeared during their visit here.

Thanks for the carrot recipe, Carrie...not what I would ever think of, but I love carrots and will try that delicious sounding recipe. Love the exchange of ideas here.