Old 11-22-2012, 11:18 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

I just got my kitchen cleaned up again--and we had dinner over at our Aunt's house as we have for the last 35+ years, but all she fixed this year was the ham and the turkey. Everything else brought in--I hadn't made my mother's apple, raisin dressing in years so took that, as well as pumpkin dessert, and scalloped potatoes and gravy. Took black bean, corn salsa for an appetizer with corn chips. Good plan as instead of waiting on the dairy farmers (us), we had to wait on the turkey. Found out another "out law" cousin grew up on dressing made with soda crackers and real "wieners"--and how long have we known each other Ha Ha. Aunt sent home the carcass which I boiled up tonight. Tomorrow we are have creamed turkey over potatoes for the two families that are here for the holiday. Then house becomes quiet again. 3 little grands (9,8,6) are spending the night here with the boys and the 2 little ones at DS's. Those girls expect Gram to read a story before they go to sleep no matter how late it is. Tonight's selection from James Herriot's collection of Stories for Children...Market Square Dog. They wanted another so I promised the second story in the morning. Reading to the grands has always been a special time for us.
Get the long john's out folks, we went from a balmy 60 degrees today to freezing temperatures tonight with the wind howling even in our valley.

And no Black Friday shopping here either.

Last edited by oksewglad; 11-22-2012 at 11:21 PM.