View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 06:16 AM
Morag

Originally Posted by Tashana View Post
A while ago I posted a question about joining a quilting quild because I did not know any quilters in my area. I bit the bullet and joined. Thank you all for nudging me in the right direction. A QB member sent me a pm regarding my quilt guild. We met for a quick cup of coffee which turned into three hours of chi-chat. She ended up joining the same guild and we both decided to leave our kids in capable hands of our DHs and go with our guild to a quilting retreat to Shelter Island. Who would have thought that one simple question on QB would have resulted in a new friendship, meeting a whole group of quilters and having so much fun. Cannot wait for my retreat...it is in March!
I could not agree more Tashana. I am semi-retired and found after I stopped working and traveling in my job that I had few friends in the small town we live in. So, I joined a guild and have not looked back since. I have made new friends, went to quilt camp twice, will be going to snow camp in January and made new friends.
Oh yeah, I have learned so much from them and I recently became a board member.
I thank God every day for leading me in that direction.