Old 11-23-2012, 07:03 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Nancy,

Something is rotten in Denmark.
Its possible that needlebar has slipped downward (usually not). Timing could be the issue, but again probably not. Try rethreading and then reseating the bobbincase. Where on the BC is the needle hitting (to the right, left, front or back)?
I'll be glad to look at it this weekend.

Cathy
Cathy, I haven't had time to sit down and check out why my 319w is hitting only when I ask for a zig zag/decorative stitch. It is very frustrating, though, as that is the only machine I have set up that I can get to when I need to do zig zag! It has become my go to machine for quick mending projects! I needed to zig zag a hole in a turtle neck sweater the other day - so irritating when you are in a hurry and the machine won't cooperate! There has to be something wrong with my timing? But, it worked just fine after I re-timed it for the second time until I tried sewing the 2 ends of binding together on a quilt! I was just finishing the project - the machine was right there! That is the first time I hit the casing - I thought going through all the thickness was just too much for the machine - now, it is messed up again, except for the straight stitch! I have a ton of treadles that straight stitch - I need the machine to do what it was set up to do - decorative stitches! I have lots of machines that will do decorative, but they are not set up all the time - only my treadles are out and ready to use all the time!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I am always glad when it is over - it seems I never get to visit with all my family as I am in the kitchen cooking all day!

Sorry, I don't mean to just sit and complain! I do enjoy the holidays, but I am glad when they are over!

Cathy, I really would like you to look at this machine. This weekend is out, though, I have a horse clinic all day tomorrow and Sunday I am helping my granddaughter with the quilt she is making for her boyfriend! Maybe, next weekend?

Nancy