Old 11-23-2012, 07:49 AM
JulieR

Originally Posted by ro View Post
i wouldnt go to the stores if they paid me. i believe a holiday is a holiday and no one should work. so to go to the stores at midnight or 2:00 a.m. is craziness. there is nothing in the world i need to badly that i have to stand on line for hours to get. cant tell me whatever you're looking for you cant find after thanksgiving. not saying you won't pay more, but my time has to be worth something. so the answer is no. no black friday, cyber this, small business that.

The difficult thing is that so many people are already working. Anyone who works in a restaurant, hospital or convenience store will be working, as will a lot of grocery store staffs, help desk support and other call center workers, etc.

Also, Cyber Monday means sitting at home behind your computer and ordering online, and Small Business Saturday is a reminder to buy locally. It sounds like you might not have known that.

Your time is worth more to you than shopping, and there's nothing at all wrong with that - I stayed home today, too. Just remember that other people's time is worth more to them than cutting perfectly good fabric into little pieces and sewing them back together again. To each her own.