Old 11-23-2012, 09:30 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Yesterday, hands on hips, Miss L looked at my herd of old broken machines. She pointed to an old beat up Singer 66 that had some jeans denim around the arm. Indignant, she said. "Grandma, why did somebody try to fix that sewing machine with a piece of fabric?" I told her people used to put a piece of fabric there to catch pins. Then I showed her how the pins scar up the paint on the machines. She said they should just use a magnet like momma does. BTW she tested out Rodney - pronounce Rodney really cool but WHERE is Cinderella. Just making sure I still have Cinderella I guess.
Miriam, Rodney would probably be a great treadle machine, but again you have the problem of putting a Japanese machine into a treadle cabinet. They usually don't just drop in without modifying the hinges on the cabinets. I really want a treadle machine that does more than just zig zag, though. That is why I love the 319w! It does a lot of decorative stitches - when it works that is! I also love all my vintage Pfaff's for the same reason!

Everyone, I bought Rodney from Miriam! I am so excited! My DH's name is Rodney - how cool will it be to own the machine with his name on it!!! Now I need to find a "Nancy" machine! Hehehehehehe - there actually is a machine named "nance," but, the spelling is wrong!

Nancy