Old 11-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Sande

Originally Posted by Bneighbor View Post
I have shopped at Joanne 2 times on black Friday. I avoid all shopping until Monday or so, and then it is my day-to-day normal stuff (milk, bread, quick sewing stuff). I hate this time of year, so to me, this is a nuisance.
I just do not understand the hype...for what? To fight crowds to save maybe a few cents? To me, not worth it.
Please, move Christmas back to Christmas.
I agree 100% with Bneighbor! I don't understand why retail stores have to open at Midnight on Thanksging night! Why can't we return to appreciating Family values! I work in a Mall and the customers that show up at that hour are usually young people that don't go to shop they just want a place to hang out with their friends. And what are you really benefiting from? So you save $100 bucks on a big screen tv that is a cheap model designed just to go on sale on black Friday only! Customers are pushy and very self-centered and don't care about the sales staff! Can you tell I just got home from my 5 am Black Friday shift? I stay as far away from the Mall on my days off!