Thread: QOV
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 02:33 PM
quilter1962

ER

We also do something similar over here on the pond. Infact I have been to our monthly meeting tonight & we were given a breakdown of the visit to Headley Court last week by one of our ladies. She was approached by a young man being pushed in a wheelchair by a nurse with no lower limbs & one arm. He asked for a quilt to be placed on his bed which of course she did. She told us he was so very very grateful to all of us ladies as with the quilt on his bed he felt as if he was at home & not in hospital as he knew it had been made with love.
I can tell you there wasn't a dry eye in the room.

With regards to some ideas we have just agreed that there will be a certain amount of quilts made with their regiment badges or section crests embroidered or appliqued onto the quilts. As many of the men that are injured are either the Royal Marines or the Paracute Regiment. Also specific colours too that relate to there uniforms.
Every single one of our quilts that are taken in person are appreciated so very much by these young men, these are then adventually taken home with them when they are discharged from hospital.

We have been making quilts that grow quickly, the majority of the ladies in our group are like yourself retired & sew for Britain LOL, all day long. They do an excellent job. Normally they choose patterns that grow quickly.
I shall take some pictures for you when the next batch are brought to the meeting.

Tisha