View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Scraplady

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
If it is Hobbs 80/20 quilt batt, BOTH sides are fusible. I lay my sandwich out on the floor and dry iron the front working from the center out. I flip over the entire sandwich and dry iron the back from the center out. You can peel up the edge and re-iron as needed to make sure the back is wrinkle free. I spend the most time getting the back perfect because that is the side you can't see while machine quilting. I put a few safety pins around the edge so I don't accidentally peel up a corner as I move the quilt around while machine quilting.
Used this batting for a long time and LOVED it. Since we pulled up the old carpet I no longer have a good place to do it. I am afraid of the heat damaging my new wood floors. The garage floor is concrete but too dirty. I loved the nice smooth sandwich it made. I also would turn the whole thing over and iron it from the back. Sometimes it would start to loosen here and there while I was quilting a large quilt. I'd just run an iron over the loose spots with and re-adhere it. I tried spray but didn't like it as well. I miss my fusible batting!