View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 04:57 PM
lainealex

Originally Posted by lkms View Post
From the drawings you posted I can see why you are having issues. You need to be more accurate with your point and line placement. For instance, on the second drawing look at the second horizontal line from the top that is on each side of the top star point. On the left side the line is just above the point it is supposed to connect with and on the right side it does connect. If you looks closely at your drawings, there are issues like this in numerous places. Drafting intricate designs is not for the faint of heart!
And this is exactly my problem - it's hard! But I guess the only option is to keep slugging away at it?

When you draft things like log cabins etc, there are points on the graph paper that you can measure and go to, with this design you can't use the graph paper because the points don't land on measurable places along the graph.

From all the fantastic feedback and help I have received from everyone it seems to me that there isn't some kind of secret formula for making this easy, it's just hard and I have to keep drafting and be patient.