View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 08:13 PM
lakerc

Angry frustration

Originally Posted by Vicky Navarre View Post
HELP. I recently purchaed a Viking Mega quilting machine and Gracie table w/stitch regulator...I have practiced and practiced, but I have problems with the tention? and thread breaking. When I adjust the tension so the bobbin tread isn't too tight, my top tread breaks. When I adjust the top thread so it doesn't break, the back of my quilt looks like a birds nest.... I am totally frusterated! I have switched types of thread and needles. I am at a lost. I have things so screwed up with my tension, I'm not sure what to do now. The past few attempts go fine for 4-5 inches, then it skips several threads (almost like tacking) and then the thread "freys". Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...
My only help is that I am experiencing the same thing. I had a Pfaff grand quilter and added a Hinterber original frame and life has been a nightmare ever since: breaking thread, non stitching, tension issues out of control. I feel there must be light at the end of the tunnel - Im ordering an ebook on machine quilting. GASP!
Karen