View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 06:25 AM
Blackberry

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Anyone up for a 2013 Fabric Moratorium?
Just had to move all my sewing stuff out of the dining room so we can use it as intended. I was amazed at my stash purchases this past year. Life was hectic these past 12 months, I couldn't sew, but I sure could shop!

I would be willing to post the monthly reminders, rules similar to prior years...
* Pull fabric from your stash. No fabric purchases to start a new quilt top from Jan 1 until November 1
What you can buy (fabric wise) is this:
* Yardage for backing, border or binding, to tie together fabric from your stash to complete a UFO or start a new project
* Special Request fabric, eg: for little Susie's wedding quilt who's favorite color is puce, which for some reason you don't have in your stash...

I'm going to try and do it on my own, anyone want to join me??? I'm posting this now, so you can indulge in year end sales, then start your fabric diet in January.
I started this "fabric Moratorium" last year and believe it or not, I did not buy any fabric from the fabric store and only purchased a few small yardage pieces at garage sales. I am going to make it this year and will probably do the same next year. Now, the funny thing is, I can't see my stash going down much at all, but I will keep using on it.