View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 07:18 AM
paintmejudy

Default my final projects with the mystery blocks

In order to make sure that my directions are correct, I make up a completed sample of my mysteries before I even post the first clue. I was in the process of laying out the completed 18-½” blocks when my daughter came in the house, and saw them on the living room floor.

When I picked fabrics for this lap quilt, it was to be a gift from my daughter for her godchild’s birthday in December -- her favorite colors are lavender and purple. My daughter came over around the time of Clue 4 and said, oh dear is that Nell’s quilt?” I told her it was. . “Uh oh. Her mother just told me purple is no longer her favorite color.”

So, I made her something else, not this same pattern, because I needed a break from it! And turned these 12 blocks into 2 charity quilts. I made another 6-strip piece and made another border piece, trimmed the border pieces to 2-¼ to keep the quilt less than 44” wide, and cut a little more sashing. This photo shows what I ended up with. They have been quilted and turned in to the charity I sew for.
Attached Thumbnails two-charity-quilts.jpg