View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 08:22 AM
TanyaL

I would SERIOUSLY suggest that you buy the smallest spool from a manufacturer available, and only one spool. Try it and determine what needle works best with that brand with your machine; will your machine sew it very fast, medium or only slowly? I select a very, very dense - about 60,000 stitches design to try out thread on. If a brand will sew well in that environment I have never had it sew poorly in other designs. If your brand needs a different needle or speed for optimum usage (read to prevent breakage) keep a note of that in a notebook. Although you may prefer particular brands the time may very well come when only a not preferred brand has the exact-to-die-for color you want and you will need to know how you made it work in your machine. Also, just because brand A works wonderfully well in poly or rayon does not mean that it will be the go-to-brand for metallics. Those need to be tested separately. Some machines love metallics. Some call them MY CUSS CUSS CUSS COLORS! You have to love the independence of our machines.