Old 11-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Nancy in Louisiana

Lori -- ck your in-box for Nov 16 and 17 -- I sent you messages. I still have not received one from my SP letting me know she got her box. I'm disappointed since I took the time to make some things and tried to include some specific items she wanted.

I collect turtles too -- only mine are live. I started a turtle pen in the back yard for ones I rescued from dogs, the road, etc. Before I knew it I'm up to over a dozen box turtles, various kinds. It's fun watching the new hatchlings grow. Right now they have settled into their winter sleep until Feb or so. Also have a 30-lb African Spur tortoise. We weren't sure whether it was male or female until she laid an egg last week. We've had her over 10 years and this was the first. Ingrid lives in a special enclosure in the garage -- only tolerates temps 65 to 85.

Re: the owl pin cushion -- isn't it adorable? I think I remember seeing a larger version somewhere on the internet -- can't remember where. Maybe Freequiltpatterns.com under "pincusions". I didn't understand the pattern until I saw this one made. Don't think it's too terribly difficult to make. Anxious to try after holidays.