View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 10:15 AM
SewExtremeSeams

PaperPrincess, I too do not like to set myself up for failure. However, I am going to make a commitment to 'try' not to buy new fabric~~unless there is a really, really good reason. My goal is to get my stash under control and folded on comic boards. Reasons: to take up less space and to be able to visually see what I have. I would like to make enough quilts, even if I have to tie them, for others and to whittle my stash in two, at least. IF I buy fabric in 2013, it will be with immediate purpose instead of just having it to build my stash. Hope you won't mind me riding along for the encouragement I know will be offered.

Doesn't it seem like we were very inclined to buy fabric in 2012 because prices were going up? Well, LOL, they did go up but I would hate to have too much stash leftover when I die. I think I have hedged myself enough against rising prices and I "love" each piece or else why would I have purchased it?! Thank you for raising the challenge. May we all be successful in 2013!