Thread: Sad to this go.
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Tropical

My joy is in the designing and making of a quilt or swedish weaved afghan not in the keeping of them. I love to have someone in mind that I am going to give each one to while I am creating them. I usually ask for their color preferences and then I design away. I absolutely love making them. For some reason I don't chose to display them in my own home. I don't know why. Although I still have the very first quilt top I made when I started quilting after I retired in 2002. I am attached to it, yet it isn't a complete quilt and I don't know if it will ever be done. I take it out of the linen closet now and then and enjoy it for a few minutes and put it away again. It inspires me to keep creating. I also have the afghans I lovingly made for my DMIL and one DSIL. When they passed away, I asked the family if I could have them because of the memories they brought to me. Those are cherished even though they are not displayed. I can get them out whenever I want to feel close to those two dear ladies.