Old 11-24-2012, 12:57 PM
ghostrider

Originally Posted by joyce888 View Post
I understand protecting your information (I'm hardcore about shredding everything that comes in my house with my name on it) but I really think giving your state isn't getting too personal. If you don't agree then I will understand.
This board, and every little shred of information posted on it, is completely open to anyone in the world with internet access...no membership required. You may feel like you are just 'talking to friends' or that 'no one here would do me harm', but that's just not realistic in today's world.

My sense of safety and privacy, however imaginary that may be, trumps your sense of curiosity as to my whereabouts. If I need help with something that needs regional knowledge, as in your LQS or machine examples, there are plenty of resources available, both IRL and via a web search, without revealing any personal information whatsoever.

It is one thing to mention your location in a post from time to time, it is another to wear a sign with your address on it which is what the profile info does.