View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Cory

Default janome 6600 "thread diva" issues!

My sister recently purchased the Janome 6600 and was thoroughly frustrated with her attempt to sew with metallic thread. (I have an Elna Q7200, which is basically the same machine) I have read many tips on this problem and have changed the "DON'T EVER TOUCH THIS" bobbin tension. She bought the machine from a retailer who has no experience with this machine (she lives in the middle of no where in BC) so we were desperate. Defying the retailers advice and changing the bobbin tension, my sister once again loves her machine! Query: Janome and Elna are basically the same machine so why does Elna provide instructions on bobbin tension and Janome screams "do not touch!"? I was taught on her machine but purchased the Elna because the Janome wasn't available. I have no issues with thread but hers loves Gutermann thread only. Why is hers so picky about thread?

Thank you for the bobbin tension advice. We're having a ball with metallic thread now! Quilting is, once again, fun and exciting (and less frustrating!).