Old 11-24-2012, 11:09 PM
raksmum

Here it is! I hope those of you that try it, enjoy it! and let me know what you think

Nutty Pina Colada Biscotti

4 1/4 c. all purpose flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 c. butter (softened), 1 1/2 c. white sugar, 3 eggs, 2 T. rum, 2 T. pineapple juice, 1 1/2 tsp. coconut extract, 1 c. shelled pistachio nuts, 1/2 c. chopped dried pineapple, 1/2 c. sweetened dried cranberries, 1/2 c. sweetened flaked coconut.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Lightly grease two cookie sheets.

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one. Stir in the rum, pineapple juicce and coconut extract until well blended. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the batter (*I omit the salt). Stir in the pistachio nuts, pineapple, coconut and cranberries until evenly distributed. Cover and refrigerate for about 10 min.

3. Divide the dough into four equal parts. Form each piece of dough into a 12 inch long log shape on a lightly floured surface. Place two logs onto each cookie sheet, and pat down until they are about 3 inches wide. There should be at least 2 inches of space between each log.

4. Bake for 30 minutes until firm but not crisp. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.

5. Place the biscotti logs on a cutting board, and use a serrated knife to cut into 3/4 inch wide diagonal slices. Return the slices to the baking sheets cut side down. Return to the oven and bake for 8 minutes, turn the slices over to the other cut side and bake for another 8 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Cool completely, then store in an airtight container.

***I don't like the hard biscotti and prefer a softer one that I don't have to dunk to be able to bite. So...for the last two bakings of 8 minutes each, I only bake for 4 minutes each. These also freeze very well.

Oh, and they are not fattening at all