View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 03:02 PM
maviskw

Count me in! I really was not a fabric buyer. I started quilting to get rid on fabric left from my and my sisters' clothes sewing from the 40's and on. I started with a bushel basket full. LOL I haven't bought much over the years, but have had a lot given to me. Now I make confetti quilts and crumb quilts, so people give me their "waste baskets".
This last year our Ben Franklin store closed, and they started with 25% off. I bought nothing. But once they got to 50% I bought a few things and at 70% a few more. I resisted 90% off because I was going to go in for bag day on the last day. I went there, and the there were lines out the door, and the fabric was swept off the tables by the armload. I left.
The only time I really buy something I don't need is if I look at the remnant rack and find something that catches my eye. I have plenty for backs, even if it doesn't always match, and we get some backing free from our local factory that makes quilts and draperies for hotels. If it's too thick, I split the layers, and it works.
I just have to make a promise to finish up at least a few of my UFO's.