Old 11-25-2012, 04:28 PM
cindy4857

Originally Posted by pokergal3 View Post
Thank you for your replies. Yes we did talked about the prices and I had told her it would be $125 plus cost of fabrics etc. She said fine no problem!!! I may even pay you more than that. I had let her know it was ready for pick up and gave her the costs plus 20 percent discount which came to $126 She said no way only $60. I gave her some links to check out what others are charging for the same size wallhanging but very simple pattern on it. She has not gotten back to me yet.
Boy I hate it when people try to rip others off! They have a sign in restaurants that say's good food takes time, We should have a sign saying, Good quilting takes lots of time and money. I can throw something together for little of nothing, but I can make you a heirloom that will last life times for more. Your wall hanging is very creative and beautiful. You did a great job. Since she approached you to make the item and had specific wants for it and it was under a time constraint. I would say the 200.00 would be a great deal. but she doesn't even wanna pay you for the materials let alone your time. HUMMBUG TO HER I SAY, YES HUMMBUG. don't you dare give it to her for the 60.00. I'd keep it and know I'd protected my sewing from someone who obliviously hasn't got a clue :=)(hopping down from my soap box now) Let us know how it turns out.