View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 05:55 PM
coopah

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Shingles is a dirty word as we age. The last time I had them was at least 15 years ago. They were on my face and involved the eye so I ended up with a detached retina. And, of course, they started just as school started that year which greatly complicated things.

I am finishing a Spicy Spiral before I finish this quilt. I hope I have it done in time to post here.

Those pears are making me hungry. I made a good apple bar dessert for Thanksgiving. It would be good with pears, too. The recipe is in the recipe section here, though I added more sour cream, another egg and dropped the flour in the filling. Pear bars coming up. Who's going to make the coffee?
Sorry to hear about your shingles, and not trying to derail the train (oh, it's at the station, so we should be okay), but as soon as you reach 60 years young, you can get a shot that will help prevent shingles. It's worth it. Please spread the word. Shingles can cause blindness, and other also very serious complications. If you had chicken pox as a child, you can get shingles as an adult. Detached retina...were you able to have it repaired in time? My, I sure hope so.