View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 08:20 PM
wordpaintervs

Default 72 year old with a doll

(excuse the late night hairdo please)

This is doll number 131. A generous lady from the forum (you know who you are) recently gave me some Christmas style fabric, and I couldn't resist the soft red for the top. the velveteen for the shirt and the 'trims to decorate with. I also am attaching the nightgown as she flips her skirt to turn into a sleepy faced sweetie. She is 24 inches high. This is one of the dolls designed to go out free to children who have cancer or other devestating things going on in their life. They deserve the comfort of a doll to love them. I have never made a Christmas dress for the dolls before. I hope to make at least 3 more, in a more simple dress. The doils are always free, including postage.

The 72 year old doll maker is tired tonight, but finishing up this particular doll tonight was worth the extra time put into her. Maybe I'll put a Christmas Boy Doll together... somehow. It would light up my heart if there were little ones VERY sick at Christmas time that could get a doll. I gave away one to a 'woman child' yesterday dressed in green. It looked a combo of a 'lass in Green' or a Christmas color of doll. 7 are left on my couch waiting patiently for a home. I may have 3 going out over the next few days......I'm waiting for word on them.

Vickey Stamps
Attached Thumbnails christmas-doll-nightgown-112512.jpg   72-year-old-doll-112512.jpg