View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 07:16 PM
weezie

YAY! The patchwork animal quilt safely arrived at the small boy's grandparents' house this afternoon. They just love it, but neither the child nor his parents and brother will see it until tomorrow. Also, it will be featured on Embroidery Library's Showcase tomorrow.

Regarding my question (main topic list) about the king sized quilt I'm making, but do not like: for those of you who were curious about what quilts I DO like, I have several that I've made that I like and am attaching pics of 3 (2 finished and 1 top). The small tropical flowers quilt is made primarily with leftovers from my 2 daughters' Hawaiian shirt phase in high school (1980's). The second includes blocks from my one and only paper piecing effort; I am directionally challenged (or something) so I struggled through doing a few PP blocks and then gave it up and decided to just wing it for the remainder of the quilt. The third (just a top) has Looney Tunes characters (leftover fabric from pants I made for my eldest daughter, also many years ago). I just kept adding framing strips around the Bugs, Daffy, and Taz blocks until I ran out of character blocks and strips.

Attached Thumbnails attachment-4299.jpe   attachment-4331.jpe   attachment-4338.jpe