View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Mimiqwerty

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
I've used both the fusible (for crib quilts and smaller projects) and like it ok--still pin baste but just not as closely. I have a used the spray baste and like the convenience but really don't like asphixiation issue! So that limits when/where I can use it. I have a question about the Elmer's school glue--is it only the washable WHITE or can you use the washable GEL? And has anyone tried mixing it with water in a spray bottle (obviously would have to take the sprayer out each time and wash out so it didn't clog)? I'd like the spray convenience but with something much less toxic. Feedback appreicated!
I've used the white Elmer's school glue as well as the clear gel and the blue gel. All work equally well. I've even tried an off-brand from Walmart (a white school glue that cost 34 cents for four ounces) and had very good results. My quilt tops and backs were smooth and wrinkle free. And no worries about breathing toxic fumes. I haven't tried it diluted in a spray bottle. Anyone have any experience with that?