View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 04:07 AM
lizzy

Originally Posted by misspriss View Post
I think I will have to move.. Our thrift stores arond here don't have much in the way of quilt or sewing things. I have found some pretty clothing I get for little of nothing and I make squares out of them, cut off buttons and save the zippers. I did find some cute rooster fabric, I collect roosters, a small table topper that needs binding, still basted from the quilting, and thats about it.
I'm with you. Our area only has one charitable shop. Salvation stores within 25 miles are not very good. Maybe I don't go enough. I tend to miss out on good sales. I do buy some items for unusual buttons and some purses for 25cents that have the wooden handles to use on purses I make. I can't complain, my DH has purchased 2 featherweights for me, both under $40. He also found a solid mohogany office desk to which he added a drop in place for my sewing machine. The desk is large enough to quilt a large quilt. We found the desk at a garage sale in Houston in my son's sub division. Best $40 we ever spent. Good thing we had traveled in our truck and could bring it back to Louisiana. .