Thread: Sad to this go.
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 05:32 AM
WMUTeach

Yes, It is hard to let some quilts leave my ownership. I had to make a long hard decision about a quilt this past week, my favorite and one I am extremely proud of. I knew my brother liked it and I battled back and forth as to whether I should keep it because it was my best work and I loved the results or to give it to my dear, dear brother. Well, I gave it to my brother Thanksgiving Day for his birthday. He was close to tears when he understood that it was for him to keep and not just me showing off my latest accomplishment. He returned it to me and asked that I put a pocket (sleeve) on it so he could hang it. That brought me to tears. His first wife was an exquisite quilter and her quilts grace his home. Mine will now hang along with hers. (When his wife passed away, I got her stash, books, tools and I have been inspired by her work.)

Bottom line, It is very hard to pass some quilts on but I still get goosebumps when I remember his face and the hug that I got for giving up what I wanted and allowing someone else to enjoy my quilt.