View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 12:54 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
It looks like there is a serial number by bobbin winder. That would be a clue. Does it work? It looks like it will be a lot of fun to use.
I asked him for the serial number. Haven't heard back yet. When I emailed him to say I really don't think it's a Singer, and that I thought it was German, we started a dialog. He's got it listed for $100, but says he'll give me a good deal on it. The ad says he thinks it works. I'd literally have to go and try it out. The thing is, I'm almost willing to bet that I don't have a needle for it,... my guess,.. Class 12, like my Winselmann. Yuck. Hard to get here, and I haven't felt rich enough to order some of them from the online sources yet. I'd love to be wrong though.

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla View Post
I think that I saw something that looked like this machine when I was surfing recently but don't remember where. The German aspect seems to ring a bell. I'll be interested in knowing whenever it is determined.
I'm having the same problem. I'm fairly sure I've seen the stitch length regulator, possibly even here on the QB, but how do you google "I saw this thing, it looks like this, and might have been german"...

I asked him if we could drop by if we go through to Calgary next weekend, and take a look to see if I could figure it out, whether I took it or not, at least he might have more info to help him sell it. Of course, you know if I get it in my hands, it's a done deal.

Originally Posted by Muv View Post
Hello Tammi,

Yes, it definitely looks German. Thank you for giving me the excuse to trawl through the picture library on Needlebar. Sorry, I can't find a model identical to it.
Hah! My pleasure! The closest I managed to come was the Frister and Rossman Model E which is the third last picture on this page: http://www.sewmuse.co.uk/frister.htm
Still, not close enough.

If I've stumped you though Muv, I'm wondering if I'll be able to figure it out at all. I've read your stuff about the German machines, that's possibly where I learned everything I know about them! BTW, I think my Winselmann thanks you for that.

Last edited by ArchaicArcane; 11-26-2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: third, not second