Old 11-26-2012, 06:57 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
BTW...I read a thread about Bottom Line thread and how it helped make seams more accurate since it is 60wt. What threads do you all use for piecing? I've been using Arifil and my machine like it but I know it's a heavier thread.
Just saw others' responses and realized I did not reply to you on this, GGal.

I switched over to Aurifil a year ago. Til then, I thought that thread was thread and so what difference could the brand make? I have a different thought on that now!!

While it's a 50 wt thread, it seems to be so much finer than other 50 wts. And with that, you get a lot more mileage in a spool of thread. I use the same in both top and bottom. About the same time, I shortened up my stitch length, and that alone, has made a huge difference to seams IMHO. OK, I'll comine that with Best Press and pressing at every step of the way to produce good seams.

I have a LOT Of Gutterman and Mettler threads, and find I avoid them like the plague, now that I have a love-fest going with Aurifil. I do try to persuade myself to sneak back and use them on lesser favoured projects ... but it's hard as they are all favourites!!!

Honchey ... I can totally understand your not going to NC. With all that has happened, I'm sure you could not truly enjoy it for now, and would only be worrying about it all.Til then, I think you'll have to find yourself a local Bingo Hall!!!