View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 04:52 AM
Scraplady

Default Two Quilts and a Story

First is a quilt I made in 2009 when my oldest DD graduated high school. This was the child who once claimed she "hated" quilts and "whatever you do, don't ever make me a quilt!" Well I'm her mom and making quilts is what I do. She got one anyway. It took me forever to finish this thing. I worked hard to design something non-traditional and these are her favorite colors. By the time I gave it to her, her attitude had softened somewhat as she'd seen quilts I'd made for others. The first words out of her mouth were "it's so awesome!" The true proof that she loved it was when she took it to college with her and used it, not on her bed, but everywhere she went! She spends a lot of time outdoors and I have seen many facebook photos of her with this quilt, camping, picnicking, just hanging out. [ATTACH=CONFIG]378780[/ATTACH]

Fast forward a few years to her wedding this past August. She asked me if I could do signature quilt for them in lieu of a guest book. This was HER idea, not mine! Of course I said yes. We ironed pieces of white fabric to freezer paper and laid them out with permanent markers on the table where the guest book would have been. Some folks just signed their names, others drew little pictures, shared Scripture verses or just general good advice and good wishes. They live in Washington state and will be here this weekend for an early Christmas. I finished the siggie quilt yesterday and it will go on the bed in the "bridal
suite" (her old room). It's nothing fancy, they wanted it colorful. She chose the border fabric.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]378782[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]378781[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails abbiegrad.jpg   aanddsig.jpg   aanddsigblock.jpg