Thread: Should I go?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 05:27 AM
kwajgirl

If you can go to Paducah - GO! Classes are great and all the machines are provided. You just bring the items on the supply list - machines are ready to go with a machine rep in the classroom to help with any problems.

Of course, if you are in the market for a machine now is the time. The machines used in classes are sold at a substantial discount because they are "used". You can tell the machine dealer you want the machine, they mark it sold and you pick up at the end of the week or in some cases they will ship to you. They usually sweeten the deal with add-ons because they don't want to take them home.

Biggest challenge is finding a room within a reasonable distance. If you are travelling with a group they already have rooms booked, otherwise, start checking now - it is not unusual for people to stay 30 or more miles from Paducah during quilt week.

If you are looking for rooms the AQS site has a list of all the hotel/motels in about a 40 mile radius and you start close to Padcuah and work your way until you find a room.

My friends and I go every year - great fun, lots of temptations to buy, good classes.