Old 11-27-2012, 05:40 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
My son went and purchased this for me yesterday! I spent weeks sending/receiving emails from the seller (she was very nice and helpful). I wanted to be sure I could sew with it so I needed the needle, shuttle, and bobbin to be there. I found the manual online so I had an idea of what the shuttle looked like. IT IS ALL THERE! I can hardly believe it. You can see one bobbin hanging off the machine arm by a string and she sent pictures of the shuttle that was under the slide plate and that has a bobbin in it too. She also sent a close up picture of the needle out of the machine. The needle appears to be a straight needle so I'm hoping I can find other needles that will work in this machine.
Now, when can I get back to MN to pick this up?

After studying all of the pictures closer, I think this might be a #1 rather than the #2 I said above. If so, that model sold for $70 in the 1870's. I'll have to see it in person to make the final decision.

1872 American Sewing Machine Company, Machine & Table. Machine Cover. No. 55602.

Judy, it must of been 'meant to be!" I can't believe the machine sat while you emailed back and forth for weeks? For that price, for that machine, what a deal! People were either asleep or just didn't see the advertisement! Great find!

Nancy