Old 11-27-2012, 07:57 AM
Caryn

i had this problem with a client not too long ago...and i refused to accept what she wanted to pay...my client was happy with the workmanship etc...but claimed that i had misled her regarding final cost. keep the quilt and find another buyer ...someone out there is gonna fall in love with it and also see the value of it. be sure to copyright your pattern- i absolutely love it. i made something similar but with cherry blossoms on branches and used as a medalion for a king size nine patch quilt. stand up for your principles...for this client you lost precious time and effort but chalk it up to a learning experience..just like i have had to do...when commissioned to do something for others get the money first...the length x the width = total square inch x .03 (or whatever you want to charge ) + cost of supplies, fabric, fusible, thread and yes even sewing needles used for the job=a good value for a well made quilt. if people like this knew just what goes into making an original quilt they probably would not commission it to be done in the first place because they are either ignorant or know that they are taking advantage of you in a big way.