View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Marcia

I'm so sorry, ladies. I have just recently found out that we are not allowed to direct you to our own blog.

So, I will just have to tell you how my husband made this for me.
First we decided what size we wanted the finished wall to be. Then he purchased PVC pipe and fittings. He made a "frame" that size. Since it was fairly large, he designed it with cross pieces for strength and stability. Next he attached foam insulation board to both sides. (Since it was larger than one sheet of insulation board, he pieced them together and cut them to size first). He experimented with several different adhesives to attach the insulation board to the PVC pipe-he tried Loctite and Welder and Gorilla glues and found that the Gorilla glue worked best. He covered the front and back of the frame and all 4 edges. He also used Duck Tape on the seams to make it really nice and smooth-that insulation board is difficult to cut and isn't always pretty when you're done. After the wall was hung I covered it with batting and then flannel. If you would like to see more pictures of the work in progress let me know and I will try to post them. I hope this helps.

Last edited by Marcia; 11-27-2012 at 09:01 AM.