View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 10:53 AM
auntpiggylpn

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
EQ7 has a steep learning curve. Some people take to it like a duck to water; others (we will not mention exactly who, and I am a former systems programmer) have difficulty catching on to it. However, EQ7 is probably the most widely used software and there are lots of online classes for it.

QuiltPro offers a few less options than EQ7, but it is said to be more user-intuitive (i.e., easier to learn). I have been tempted to try this one, but am afraid it will go unused along with EQ7.

There are much less expensive software programs on the market too. These do a lot less and are less flexible, but are a lot easier to learn. These would not do all that your mother is asking for, though. I think both EQ7 and QuiltPro would.
I totally agree with the steep learning curve! I purchased EQ 7 and just couldn't figure it out so I sold it. This past summer, a friend came to visit and he gave me his copy because it was too difficult for him too. I have played around with it again but I just haven't figured it out yet. There is hope though! I think that maybe the best route would be to get one of the other less advanced programs (and less costly) - Quilt Pro or Quilt Design Wizard and see if your mother even likes it.