View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:34 AM
mhollifiel

I love Keurig as well . . with reservations. The electronics doesn't seem to hold up well. If you are lucky it will fail before the warranty expires. Otherwise, "Sorry about that" is all you get. We live in the boonies and have issues with power outages and surges at times. That doesn't help. SO, recommend putting your Keurig on a surge protector.
Water quality has been mentioned. Along with the expense of the pot (and replacement pot a little over a year later . . no longer under warranty!), we had to install an expensive water purifier to attach to the kitchen faucet.
I also don't find the "fill your own" (though consumer research says Solo works best) very satisfactory. What bothers me most is the expense of the thing and the number of K cups DH and I have already sent to the landfill. Thanks to those who recommend using twice. I will try that. I don't like my coffee as strong as DH does which is the reason Keuring is the coffeemaker of choice for us for now. BUT I will be looking at the imitators that will surely be coming onto the market and will likely try one of them WHEN this Keurig fails.