Old 11-27-2012, 02:10 PM
mirabelle

I can't buy Auriful where I live, I have purchased some from US when I have bought fabric and I really like piecing with it. Normally I sew with Rasant thread which is the most used thread for patchwork over here, it is a polyester core wrapped in cotton thread. I hope that makes sense

Thanks for the offer QNS I would love to come play with you too, I have a huge tub of batiks that are all washed, pressed and folded and for some reason it has been really hard for me to cut into them. I cut all my lengths and FQ's in half and shared with DD so she has the same amount as me. I am thinking a multi coloured Irish Chain at the moment but that might change.

Honchey I was always against machine embroidery, thought I would never be interested in "that sort of thing" but after becoming friendly with a few ladies in my group who have large embroidery machines I must say I am hooked. I guess my perception was old fashioned diolies and tablecloths but my friends opened up a whole new world of quilts for me. Wish I was closer to you gals, think we would have so much fun together...shop hops, retreats etc etc