View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:12 PM
QuilterMomma

I know you do pretty applique, see it on yours. I am just coming up with ideas. My old sewing machine did a back stitch, was programmed in. Miss that machine. My Bernina does a running stitch that looks nice. Might try that to see how I like it. If you have not done any embroidery, then you don't have to do that, make all star blocks. It will work for me either way. I was just trying to add something more to it. I have seen your chickens Anna, you can draw something up I know you can. I am including the coloring pages I have blown up in case you need some ideas on animals. My feel for this quilt is on the powerful/authorative side of things. I want the stars to be along the same way. I found my "Voices of the Past" quilt book that has some stars in it that are named after great leaders. I know the Star of Virginia is one that holds great meaning in its name. Thinking a theme like this will carry her the rest of the way thru school. She is nearly finished and then will be getting a real job. (One can only hope)LOL.

If not this one for here, can do the crazy block here and put the african on the other.